7 Ways Parent Can Support Cognitive Growth: 0-3 months
Created By: Dr. KidNurture
1. Give her the freedom to develop at her own rate.
2. Offer faces to look at (especially that of the primary caregiver), as well as opportunities to see, touch and mouth things.
3. While awake, give him time on his back so he can have a broader view of the world, hear with both ears, and use his hands. Remember time on his tummy is also important.
4. Pay attention to her moods, and respond to her cries and sounds.
5. Share books, stories and music as part of quiet cuddling time. This can be a great way for caregivers and babies to connect.
6. Help the baby find his fist or thumb for comfort.
7. Hold brightly colored objects within her reach and encourage her batting, grasping and handling motions.